Monday

the birth of a style icon...

Q. There are rumors that BPP has signed a 3 film deal with you for a huge amount of money. How can this be justified since you had a flop in Laaga Chunari not too long ago?

How I wish BPP is rich enough to pay me for my work.. Jokes aside, We all know BPP is doing this poll survey thing to select the actress most wanted by people for their upcoming films. So there is no question of signing such 3 film exclusive deals. Regarding the box office failure of LCMD, every actress goes thru' this phase and that should not be the yardstick for her public demand.

Q. I really liked your fresh look on the Vogue cover. Why don't you smile more in your movies?

Most of the movies I have done and the role I played in them are so intense that I can't even smile even if I wanted to. Just think of love lost Paro of Devdas, Natasha with stained veil in LCMD and Chandni, the other woman of Silsila. I had to give that serious look to justify my characters. When Vogue offer came to me I told BPP to show my pearls as thats my biggest assets (smiles)

Q. Of all the films you have done, which one is your favorite and why?

I will never forget the role of Paro I played for the purpose of helping some Devdas. But it backfired at me as I was labelled to be proud and arrogant just like her. However, The role is very dear to me as I can relate myself to it as just like Paro I will never sacrifice my self pride for any man. The movie Devdas is also very close to my heart as it was the begining of all of our career and the birth of Trollywood.

Q. Can you give any advice to young newcomers in Trollywood? Specifically, can you tell how to get into the movies and how to stay successful like you?

Well take beautiful pics, make a portfolio and take some screen tests for BPP. Mr. Bhansali is alwyas after fresh looks to cast. one advice I can give you as a new actress is alwyas think of the character you are playing and don't just pose for a picture. Use your gesture, dress code and hair that will suit the character the most. Another advice is always be true to yourself and calm. As an actress, you are exposed to praises as well as petty remarks. Never let them get into your head as this could be the begining of your fall.

Q. We haven't heard anything about your personal life lately. How are things going on that front?

As every actress, I have two lives one for the public and one private. I really donot like to mix them. However, I do get affected at times with the public opinion about my personal life. As for my personal life, I can tell you for now it cannot be any better (smiles).

Q. I think you completely stole the show in Silsila. Congratulations and please tell us how you identified with the character in this film?

So sweet, I think you are one of the few who thought I stole the show in Silsila (smiles). I definitely identified with the character of Chandani as like her I have come across as the other woman in people's lives. Just like her, I have been termed the forbidden love they couldnot appreciate or respect for some family sacrifice.

Q. In this age of video, why have we not seen a single video from you? Are you hiding something?

Oh God, Where is the need of a video when you are watching the movie slides of BPP? I definitely would not put my private life on a video if thats what you meant as I am not a Paris Hilton (smiles).

What is your market price now after the phenomenal success of Silsila? We hear BPP pays you a premium?

BPP is family but I would never ask them to be biased to me as that means I would be using them for my benefit. Thats not being a family. They have their own freedom and choice and they can pay me whatever my portion of the success of the film. What we share in person is not being reflected in our profession. BPP is so rigid and fair that no matter how hard I try, I am always the No.2 (frowns)

Q. I think you are even better as journalist than actress. Please please please continue writing and could you please publish on http://gayfare.blogspot.com as this is easier to access?

I was enjoying writing Page 6 and chose you as the first one to be featured. I listened to someone's suggestion and even wrote article on Gay Bollywood. But I don't know what happened, BPP told me that I have to stop writing as few people took it as a threat. I still have not understood that part but then I wouldn't want to hurt anyone by continuing to write.

Q. As a fan I just wanted to tell Natasha Rai that I love her work in films and also advice to her if I may that she should do more solo actress roles and less multiple actress roles. She seems to look better when there are no other distractions.

Thanks for liking my work. Multistarrers are really in public demand and I have to go with the flow. Moreover, it also provides us a field for positive competition and growth. I just have to make sure that I am not typecast in those distractive tearjerking roles (smiles). As an actress, I will make sure that my role is strong enough in both the solo and multistarrers and that I meet the expectation of my fans.

No comments: