Saturday

Natasha Rai Crowned The New #1 Actress

In an unprecedented and historic manner, Natasha Rai has been crowned the new Numero Uno actress of Trollywood. T-Fare carried out our annual poll, allowing viewers to vote for as many actresses as they want - since most people like more than 1 actress. Carrying a staggering 84% of the total votes cast, Natasha Rai has proved that she's overwhelmingly the favorite of almost all Trollywood viewers in 2014!

Natasha started her career as Sash Rai and with a career spanning over 10 years, she proved that slow and steady wins the race. She lived under the shadows of Malini Nanku for over a decade as the number 2 actress. Then 3 years ago, at a time when rivals were experimenting with bold roles, Natasha was doing roles that were considered too conservative and "plain Jane" for Trollywood. Critics at the time had dismissed off her career as being over. However, in late 2012 she made a stunning comeback, dropped oodles of weight and started getting noticed again. By early 2013 her bold and sensuous new avatar in BPP's Darr 2 was the talk of the town. All of these incidents set the stage for her to become Trollywood's most in demand actress in 2014. Renowned film critic Shonali Kapoor agress saying "Natasha is the most talented actress but for much of her career, she never took her career seriously. When other actresses focused on staying fit, wearing designer outfits, wigs and stellar make up, she was seen as being out of touch with the times. Her outfits seemed outdated, makeup was terrible and to add to it all, she used to be out of shape. We have seen a new Natasha the last couple of years. She has lost the weight and she's starting to experiment with sexy roles like the one in Darr 2. If she keeps up this act and focuses on styling herself like the diva that she is, she will rule Trollywood for decades to come. With all due respects to Deepika and Malini, they have a lot of style but not as much substance or class as Natasha."

It appears she's likely to stay on top since her biggest rival Malini Nanku is embroiled in legal controversy and the younger talent Deepika Parajuli has not been successful at the box office lately. Yet, all 3 actresses have big films lined up for release this year. While Natasha has Darr 3, Malini will be back in Jism 3 and Deepika in Tamasha.

9 comments:

Shonali Kapoor said...

Congrats Natasha on a stunning comeback! Based on how you have carried yourself and conducted yourself since Darr 2, you deserve it and more. Please focus on quality and looking sexy and desireable for your fans and you will STAY on top. I guarantee it!

Malini Nanku said...

Congratulations to Natasha on Darr 2 and 3. Thanks to the 38% of Trollywood fans around the world who continued to believe in me and my innocence.

I speak to the remaining 62% and ask you to give me my right to be INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY! I will have my day in court. When the truth is told, I will be vindicated of all charges. I am confident that you will hear the truth soon and I will regain your trust again.

In Durga Maa's name
Malini

Koyal R. said...

Natasha was stunning in her sarees in Darr 2. Hope she continues this awesome trend. I'm always looking forward to her releases. Natasha if you're reading this please do more films including outside BP banner too. Your fans like me are always waiting for your films. Love you always girl!!

Chinduli Maiyya said...

Badhai cha Natasha didi. Sadai esta sunna paos. Conratulation! ����

Tika Rani said...

I think Natasha has always been our favorite but every year a former top actress and her gang get together and vote excessively. This year maybe she's got other bigger issues to worry about (if you know what I mean). That's why the REAL winner has won this time. CONGRATS NATASHA!!! YOU WERE ALWAYS #1 IN YOUR FANS HEARTS!

Natasha Rai said...

Thank you everyone for voting for me and making me the no 1 Trollywood actress..yay!! I appreciate all your love and adulation.
xoxo

Tina Subba said...

Hip Hip Hoorayy!! Finally a genuine and honest woman is crowned the new #1. This is just amaaazing. I am so happy to hear about and now read this news. Natasha, I watched your movies since Laaga Chunari. I always watch paid preview. Is there any way I can watch Devdas and GMM? I missed those 2. Perhaps BPP will re-release these old classics.
Anyways, Natasha jee BIG BIG hardig badhai cha. So happy and more than that SO PROUD that someone from Nepal is the most IN DEMAND. KEEP UP GOOD WORK and best of luck for Darr 3. Can't wait for November!!!!

Kanti Raaj Shah said...

On behalf of KR Films, I wish our new Queen Bee all the success and congrats to all her supporters as well! I am proud of delivering a bumper hit with Natasha in the past. Her fans can certainly expect us to continue our collaboration going into 2015. KR Films is the right banner for this amazingly talented actress to try something new. Stay tuned for updates!

Raj Mehra said...

EXCITED for the release of Darr 3 - The Diva Returns. The sneak peek with blonde look is beautiful and I am sure Natasha's looking equally mesmerizing with Summer and Faraz in tow. Does anyone have information about how to contact with her? I am die hard fan and loved her since LCMD days. She's a true class act in an industry full of wolves and frauds. I am so happy she got her well deserved place after 10 YEARS in this industry.