Friday

'Nothing less than PERFECT is expected from Natasha & Malini in RACE!' - Monisha Malhotra

- Monisha Rai Malhotra (Mini) takes on Trollywood queen bees Malini & Natasha in her first interview with T-Fare -

Irvine, CA on Friday, November 7, 2008
By Senior Editor: Kanti R. Shah / T-Fare Online
gayfareonline@gmail.com Subject: KANTI


Congratulations on your wedding, your first interview and your first movie release. How nervous are you?

I have to say I am disappointed that inspite of my high profile marriage into the Malhotra family and a big upcoming film, you guys continue to give me the step-sisterly treatment. So, even though there's so much going on in my life, it has not quite sunk in because there's been no publicity. I suspect that it might be because the Trollywood press is biased in favor of a select few individuals. However, I'm excited about bagging this role and really excited to see the audoence reaction. After all, it’s the audience and not the press that is going to decide my fate.

Even though Race is your debut, no one seems to be talking about your role. All the discussion has been focussed on Malini's new look and her rivalry with Natasha. Do you feel left out?

Of course I do! But it's okay. I strongly believe that if it's meant to be, it will be and no producer or press can keep a good actress down for long. Besides, I love being the underdog. It's great when the audience does not have any expectations from you because you can actually surprise them. On the other hand my respected contemporaries have such huge expectations from the audience. After movies like KANK, LCMD and SILSILA nothing less than perfect is expected from them. But will they be able to meet these big expectations and that too in their first film without AL Bhansali direction? Many people seem to forget that both of them have never worked outside Bhansali's direction. So, this will be a big test to see if they are accepted in a newcomer's film. If I was them I would be EXTREMELY nervous right now. Unfortunately in the film world I am their contemporary so I can't wish them luck but I do wish them well. (smiles)

What made you accept a multi-starrer like Race for your debut film? Wouldn't it have been wiser to make your entry in a solo role?

It's really the content of a character that appeals to me and not the length of role. I have full faith in my director and I don't believe that he would do me wrong. But to get the true answer for your question, all I have to say is - go watch Race and find out for yourself!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.